About the Ka’ōhao School ‘Ohana (KSO)
The Ka’ohao School ‘Ohana is an organization that was founded in 2012 for charitable and educational purposes with the following objectives: to support Ka’ōhao School in its efforts to educate its students by promoting volunteerism and parental involvement; to build a partnering atmosphere and enhance communications between school staff, the Governing Board, parents, students and the surrounding community; to promote programs that result in excellence and achievement at the individual and school level; to raise funds to provide for the above.
We invite you to join us in making this year the most creative and best year yet!
2021-2022 KSO Community Meetings
- Wednesday, October 6, 6:30pm, via ZOOM
- Wednesday, December 1, 6:30pm.
- Wednesday, February 2, 6:30pm.
- Wednesday, April 6, 6:30pm.
2021-2022 KSO Calendar of Events (subject to change)
- Teacher and Staff Appreciation Throughout the Year
- October: Halloween Parade
- December: Holiday Event (TBD)
- January: STEM event (TBD)
- February: Vintage Gala Auction
- March: Staff Appreciation Week
April: Field DayMay: Lei Day
2021-2022 KSO Board Members
- President: Shannon Yarber – email@example.com
- Vice President & Room Parent Lead: Angela Xoinis – KSOmembership@gmail.com
- Treasurer: Amy Brislin – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Kalina Anastassova
- Auction Chair: Mariana Potts
- Events Director: Natasha Skoberla
- Library Liaison: Sylvia Yim
- Marketing & Communications Director: Aga Westfal-Conboy
- Volunteer Coordinator: Kristina McCall
In Recent Years, the KSO has Provided:
- Shade Structure Covering the Basketball Court
- Outdoor Stage
- Funding for our Papa ‘Ike Hawai’I Instructor
- A/C Installation in All Classrooms
- Updated Technology for Classroom Enrichment
- Shade Tents and Greenhouse for Garden
- Shade Umbrellas for Lunch Seating
- Speakers for PE Lessons
- Self Defense Classes for Students
- Programmable Robots for STEM Learning
- Support of Student Council, Jr. Police Officer & Teacher Appreciation Programs
- 100’s of Classroom Volunteer Hours to Enhance Instruction & Support Teachers
- Assistance in School-wide Family Fun Events to Promote Reading, Math, Science, Fitness, and Fun
- Coordination of the Campus Campout, Fall Carnival, Annual Ka’ōhao School Fundraiser, and Teacher Appreciation Week