HOW TO APPLY
Please submit the following 3 items to email@example.com Please submit all materials. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Resume or CV
- Cover Letter (including why you are interested in this position)
- Contact Information of 3 References
- Works with the teacher in planning and implementing a program of instruction that adheres to the school’s philosophy, goals and objectives.
- Works with the teacher in making purposeful and appropriate lesson plans that provide for effective teaching strategies and maximize time on task.
- Works with the teacher in planning and implementing a program of study designed to meet individual needs of students and works with the teacher in recognizing learning problems.
- Works with the teacher in creating a classroom environment conducive to learning by employing a variety of appropriate teaching strategies.
- Works with the teacher to encourage student enthusiasm for the learning process and the development of good study habits.
- Lead small group discussions and work with students in small groups.
- Uses effective oral and written expression.
- Works with the teacher in recognizing learning problems.
- As needed, attend Specials classes with students to assist Specials Teachers.
- Enforces school guidelines and ensures the rules of the classroom are being met.
- Works with the teacher in taking necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Shares responsibility during the school day for the supervision of students in all areas of the school.
- Performs Yard Supervision duty as assigned, before or after school.
- Monitors student behavior on the school playground and in the school lunchroom.
- Observes student activities and remains alert for potentially unsafe situations to prevent accidents and/or injuries.
- Lead Study Hall after school, in the classroom, three days a week.
- Works with the teacher in evaluating accomplishments of students on a regular basis using multiple assessment methods, including both the classroom teacher and the grade level team.
- Works with the teacher in making appropriate adjustments in the instructional program and as required.
- Respects the confidentiality of records and information regarding students, parents, and teachers in accordance with accepted professional ethics, and state and federal laws.
- Assists with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, materials and resources for use in classes, displays and demonstrations, and assisting the teacher with clean and safe storage of items after classes and activities.
- Assists with planning field trips, including: securing school buses, preparation of forms and collection of money.
- Assists with the management of resources by maintaining and updating inventory lists, monitoring stock levels.
- Maintain computer files and paper files, learn to use and assist others in using computer equipment, programs, and computer/paper files; write simple narrative reports.
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organizational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
- Assists the teacher with the overall general care and well-being of students.
- Develop rapport and maintain effective relationships with students and others.